Wednesday, February 24, 2016

A WEEK LATER

by Margie Senechal

I believe this first week was a success.

I know that I wrote more in the past week than I've written in the past few months. And that's something.

So, here are my stats:

Nobody Number Nine: 1400 words
Crysalis: 900 words
Mistletoe Madness:330 words
Accidental Terrorist:330 words
Genie: 0

Nobody Number Nine (NNN) got the most attention for the week as the story seemed to creep in even on off days. I think that may be a good thing, though. I'm pretty sure I know how it ends and I have a pseudo-plan as to how to get there.

While The Accidental Terrorist doesn't have the word count to show for it, I did get some major plot-pointing done on it--and sometimes that's almost as important as the word count.

Crysalis also saw some major plotting done for it.

I'm in a quandary over Genie. I'm not sure if I'll keep it in the rotation if I can't come up with another chapter. I couldn't even muster up to think about it when I was in plotting mode--I kept going back to NNN instead. I have another MG idea in the wings so if the Genie doesn't take off, I might have to ground him for a while and go with the Dinosaur idea.

But, all-in-all, it was a great writing week. And it's been a long time since I've felt that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment